You, too, can save money! (clipart from MS Office, 2010)

Friday, August 20, 2010

Swagbucks 101


This is the first in a series of three posts I will be doing that explain very specific parts of my online quest for shopping excellence. :-)

Swagbucks is basically a site that rewards you for doing things that many of us do daily. Do you conduct internet searches? make online purchases? play online games? take surveys? Through the Swagbucks website, you can do all these things and be rewarded with Swagbucks, which the site compares to frequent flyer miles. When you have amassed a certain number of Swagbucks, you can trade them in for free stuff, like Amazon gift cards. OK, so did you catch that? You can earn FREE Amazon giftcards for searching the web. Are you thinking, Christmas presents? Because the other possible giftcards to earn are from Macy's, Target, and Bass Pro Shop, to name a few.

Yes, this is a very quick overview of a website that has much more to offer. This is yet another one of those very complicated and involved things that can be as intricate as you want it to be.....or it can be extremely easy. I only use Swagbucks in one way--to search the internet. I downloaded the toolbar onto my computer and use it instead of any other search engine (Bing, Altavista, or Google). And, very rarely do I ever need to search for anything out of the ordinary....I searched "Blogger" to get here. I search "facebook", "gmail", and the other coupon blogs that I subscribe to, as well as my college online learning website. So far, I have earned one $5 Amazon giftcard and am saving up for a larger giftcard for Christmas (maybe a $50 one).

Today is "Mega Swagbucks Day"--every Friday is. So, searching can earn you many more points than on other days. Last week, I got 50 Swagbucks for searching for my own blog!!!

Happy searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment