You, too, can save money! (clipart from MS Office, 2010)

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rewards Programs for Diapers...Scam or Deal?

It all started three and a half years ago, when I was beginning to show during my first pregnancy. I was making a diaper cake for one of my friends at work when I noticed a sticker-thing stuck to the inside of the pack of Pampers. I looked, and it was a sticker with a numerical/alphabetical code, a website, an expiration (which, it turns out, is fake), and the promise of free stuff.

For those of you who know me, that's all it took.

I began keeping and entering codes for Gifts to Grow, which is the Pampers diapers, wipes, and training pants rewards program. Basically, you keep up with the stickers, found inside the packages of diapers and training pants, or the code etched into the top of tubs of wipes/printed on the side of wipes refills, and enter them at the Pampers website. Thereafter, you can use the points earned from the codes to "buy" rewards.

So far, and I have been doing this program for 3.5 years.....I have earned a Melissa and Doug flower pot toy, a Sesame Street book (both with free shipping), 12 free birthday invitations from Shutterfly (only had to pay shipping)....and I now have 970 points, which means that I am ready to order my baby girl's birthday invites for this fall! It doesn't sound like much, but there are many opportunities to order other things that are as cheap as 400 points. At 150 points, you can earn a $3 credit to Diapers.com....which is a great site that many of my friends have used with success (don't forget...you can mail in coupons to your diapers.com account for use on your next order!). I just happened to want to save my points toward things that are a little pricier (and many times I would forget to keep codes/save tubs, which would have meant more points). Interested? Sign up here.

What I have been less successful with is the Huggies rewards program, which they began a few years back as their answer to Pampers' program. It is called Enjoy the Ride Rewards, and it seems to be pretty cool. They have many things, such as entries into raffles, that you can buy with your points for cheap, but I'm not the lottery type. So I have faithfully socked away my Huggies points, also stickers found inside the packs of diapers, swim pants, and training pants, as well as refill packs of wipes, and have....172 points total. I am very (VERY) patiently working toward coupons for a free tub and free refill of wipes. Grrrr.... Again, this would probably not be the case if I had rescued every sticker from the garbage after DH threw the empty bag away, or if Huggies had not been trying to offload every old pack of diapers at the start of this summer (lots of deals on packs that had no stickers). Unlike Pampers, however, you can earn points by completing polls, reading things from their websites, and so forth. Long story short, you can go for it here, but maybe it would be more fun to spend points on the instant win giveaways than just wait, like me.

Some free rewards codes (which are completely legit, as they are not the actual codes from within the packs; it is unethical and impossible to share those, as they are unique) for Pampers include:

WELCOME2PAMPERS (50 pts)
FACEBOOKJUL10
ENJOYYOURSUMMER (10 pts)
15GTGSUMMERFUN (15 pts)
25GTGSUMMER2010 (25 pts)
GTGSPRINGFREE10 (10 pts)
THRIFTYMOMMYGTG (10 pts)
WELCOME2VILLAGE10 (10 pts)
JOINTHEFUNGTG09 (10 pts)
WELCOME2GTG2010 (10 pts)
GROWWITHVILLAGE (10 pts)
GTGLEARNMORE089 (10 pts)
GETSTARTEDNOW10 (10 pts)

That oughta get you on your way!




The only one I can share for Huggies is BDTXQ-TXPHP-GXPGB (5 pts).

Ever gotten a reward from one of these programs? Share with the group! (Or let me know if one code has expired....since I've already used them, I don't really know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment