You, too, can save money! (clipart from MS Office, 2010)

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thanks Be To God! Rite Aid: Spent $1.68 Saved $58.00!

There is nothing else to say but, "Thank God!"

I was able to get five packs of diapers, one tub of wipes, four boxes of instant potatoes, one bottle of Vicks Nyquil, two bottles of Gain dish soap, two 4-packs of Cottonelle toilet tissue, one 12-pack of Charmin toilet tissue, and four bottles of Aussie shampoo for under $2.00. This is something I have never done before, and allow me to explain....

I recently received a Single Check Rebate for $28.00 (from August) that I did not use. In addition, I just got my second Single Check Rebate (for Sept.) in the mail for $8.00. It happens--so I grabbed the checks, which you can use like cash at Rite Aid. There were some kickin' sales on diapers (which we were OUT of) and toilet paper (which we were ALSO OUT OF). So, I went. I knew we didn't have much money in our account...hey, it's nearing the end of the month! I'm no fool.

And I started to get my coupons together. No, they were not organized. If they had been, all this would have taken about 30 minutes less! And, yes, I missed out on some deals--like the Colgate deal that would have made for free toothbrushes and toothpaste. But, I have been getting my newspapers faithfully (or getting them from faithful friends), and I made the effort.

I knew I couldn't spend much money of our own, so I put back some boxes of instant potatoes, which I had planned to donate. At the register, I ended up HAVING to get some more of them, because the transaction would not complete until I bought something else! (And so God allows me to give as freely as He wanted! Amazing!!!)

My point--make an effort. Please. Just try!

Yes, I used coupons on every thing in the cart. Yes, I had some Rite Aid coupons (go watch some videos on their website to earn a SUPER Q for $4 off a $20 purchase). And, yes, I did my purchase in two different transactions so I could use the +UP reward coupons on the second transaction. But you can do it.

You can do this. Start small. Be friendly with the cashiers. And pray that God will allow you to use the coupons to take care of your family and others. He will bless your efforts, because God loves you and your family...."For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord: Plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans for a hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).

Happy couponing....and enjoy being a blessing to others!

1 comment:

  1. I'm awarding you the Stylish Blogger Award :-). Head on over to my site and grab it!

    Noelle (http://knowlysblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-bestest-sent-me-this-award.html)

    ReplyDelete