You, too, can save money! (clipart from MS Office, 2010)

Sunday, July 25, 2010

My First Cheapskate Post!

Since my husband has had it with all my talk of great deals and "working the drugstores" and coupons fluttering out of every folded piece of paper he takes off the counter....I thought I would help him out by posting my ideas and finds online. (Doesn't help file my coupons, though...:-)

On my first post, I wanted to talk about a great website that I got hooked up with....House Party. House Party is a company that matches curious consumers with willing companies who want to get the word out on their new, improved, or just plain awesome products. In the past, I have seen where there have been parties for Oscar Mayer hot dogs, Bullseye Barbeque Sauce, Splenda Sugar Substitute, and even specialty wines! Basically, there are parties and products that appeal to a broad base of individuals so that you can find something that really floats your boat!

By filling out applications that take less than 10 minutes, you can apply for parties that earn you complimentary product samples, coupons, and/or other assorted goodies that vary from party to party. You must, however, agree to host a party on a selected date, invite people via email/printed invitation with an invite code, upload party pictures afterward, and be a great host to the people you have over. It is a wonderful way to sample new products AND get together with friends, which some of us (crazy cheapskates always hunting deals) rarely make time for.

At our House Party, we tried out some excellent Kleenex Hand Towels as we engaged in lots of messy activities! I didn't know whether or not it would seem completely strange to be doing product placement at a get-together, but honestly, the hand towels just sort of sold themselves. We used them in the restroom, at the kitchen sink, for cleanup at the bubble station, and to mop up soupy ice cream and greasy pizza messes. (And it reminded me that, during cold and flu season, when I grab the nearest paper towel to blow my nose, I won't be wincing. These are actually quite soft and strong!)

So, take a gander at my House Party and leave a comment! Let me know what you think!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment